About Me, Frank R. Castillo
I was born in Cerritos, San Luis Potosi, Mexico and raised in Santa Ana, (Southern California). I attended public schools (Lathrop Jr. High School and Santa Ana High School) in the Santa Ana Unified School District and graduated from both UC Irvine and UCLA.
In 2001, I started Rising Star Publisher in Santa Ana, Orange County, California to promote good, Chicano/ Latino (Hispanic) Literature. I will write and publish books that I wish I had read while I was growing up in the US.
These are some of the organizations that I belong to:
- Orange County Mexican American Society
- Orange County Citizens For the Prevention of Gun Violence
- CTA (California Teachers Association)
Also check out my blogs
| || |
|Frank Castillo |
|Part-Time Computer Instructor |
- Business Skills, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access), Keyboarding 1 & 2, Windows, Internet
- Orientation to Computers(Beginning Microsoft Word)
| || |
|Location: || Centennial Education Center |
|Teaching for the School of Continuing Education since: July 1999 |
- BA-UC Irvine
- JD-UCLA School of Law
- Certificate, Desktop Publishing - Santa Ana College
|Previous Career/Employment background: Catholic Charities of Orange County and various private attorneys. |
Hobbies/ Interests: Writing - just self-published first book CHOLOS: Dreams & Nightmares, education, leadership and politics.
- Taught computers to juveniles at Santa Ana Jail for 7 months
- Studied one year in Mexico City under Study Abroad Program
Send an email